Sumary of Nigeria: How the Pandemic Can Shake Up African Airlines for the Better:
- Some airlines may initially experience a drop in market share, but the great benefits to the industry will ensure growth of air travel across all states.
- By embracing a single African air transport market, the continent could grow the aviation industry, create more jobs and allow people to travel regionally.
- This is according to calculations by the African Airlines Association.
- During the phase of COVID-19 lockdowns, this meant many Africans were marooned in other countries.
- With fewer flights, offering little intra-African travel, the airline industry has not reached its potential.
- This means airports and airlines need to charge more per user.