Sumary of Covid-19 tests will no longer be free for tourists in France starting July 7:
- Foreign tourists visiting France will have to pay for Covid-19 tests starting July 7, government spokesman Gabriel Attal said in an interview published Wednesday..
- “This is about reciprocity, as French people travelling abroad have to pay for those tests in most countries.”.
- countries need to present a negative PCR or antigen test taken less than 48 hours before their departure for France and they are tested again upon arrival in France..
- Red list countries include Afghanistan, Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Paraguay, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname and Uruguay..
- Vaccinated visitors from these countries must pledge to self-isolate for seven days, and unvaccinated visitors are also subject to a mandatory 10-day quarantine..
- The French government leading scientific adviser Professor Jean-François Delfraissy said earlier on Wednesday that France is likely to have a fourth wave of the Covid-19 virus, due to a resurgence of cases caused by the Delta variant….