Sumary of Scott Morrison blasts Taliban’s ‘sick, untrue’ Aussie soldiers claim:
- Scott Morrison has condemned “sickening and untrue” Taliban claims that 41 Australians died in vain during the Afghanistan war.
- The prime minister blasted the comments from Taliban spokesperson Suhail Shaheen, who made the incendiary remark earlier in the week.
- “It is sickening and untrue, but I’m not surprised about a dishonourable statement from the Taliban,” Mr Morrison told reporters in Canberra on Friday.
- ”Camera IconPrime Minister Scott Morrison says the Taliban should know that the world is watching them.
- ”The issue of Afghanistan’s future was discussed in a phone call between Mr Morrison and US President Joe Biden on Friday.