Sumary of Ever Seen Mt Kanchenjunga from Bangladesh? It’s Sublime:
- Not known to many people beyond the country, in autumn, especially between October and November, there is a short window in nature’s calendar, when the snowbound Himalayan range located beyond the international border becomes visible from various points of Tetulia Upazilla in Panchagarh in northern Bangladesh.
- And to the delight of the people, this year, it has been a bonus year, with the snowy range visible almost a month before the usual time.
- According to media reports, Tetulia is already choc a bloc with visitors.
- One of the best places from where one may see Mt Kanchenjunga is the Tetulia Dak Bungalow located on elevated grounds, near the bank of the Mahananda River.
- Reminiscent of Victorian architecture, the bungalow, now owned by the local administration, is said to have been built by the Cooch Behar royals (Cooch Behar is now a district in West Bengal, India) during the British period.
- Other vantage points include the landscape picnic spot near the bungalow, Tetulia Bypass, Banglabandha, bridge on Korotoa River in Bhajanpur, etc.