Sumary of International Destinations: Has Summer Tourism In Greece Bounced Back Amid The Pandemic?:
- In Greek, the word for vacation-diakopez (διακοπές)- literally translated means “interruption.
- The ferry from Athens to Paros, a bucolic island popular with young partygoers and Athenians, felt packed although most ferries were operating at 80% capacity due to COVID regulations.
- Before boarding, passengers were required to fill out a health questionnaire stating they had either been vaccinated or had been tested for COVID.
- He was in high spirits as we waited in traffic to leave the parking lot, optimistic about the upcoming summer season.
- Thus far, the season had been busier than ever thanks to the higher than usual number of Greek tourists who had booked his rooms.
- This year, Greek prime minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis seemed determined to see summer tourism make a comeback, despite Greece’s consistently high COVID case numbers and the sluggish pace of vaccinations.