Sumary of America’s Best New Italian Restaurant Is In St Louis:
- Casa Don Alfonso This unassuming Midwestern city may be best known as the home of the Gateway Arch, but Saint Louisans are equally proud of being the home of one of America most enduring Italian neighborhoods—The Hill..
- Louis’ Italian bonafides than the much-awaited debut of Casa Don Alfonso—the first American outpost of the legendary two-star Michelin Don Alfonso 1890 in Sant’Agata, Italy..
- And, says Iaccarino, “when residents from The Hill came to eat at Casa Don Alfonso and I heard them say, ‘Mario, I am dreaming of home, of my childhood.’ Well, then I knew we were going in the right direction.”.
- Even the server uniforms feature bow ties and scarves made at a small textile factory in Positano on the Amalfi coast..
- “The Casa Don Alfonso menu represents 2000 years of history as related to the Mediterranean, from the spices and vegetables to the wine and even the pasta, which originally came from China.”…