Sumary of ‘Granddaddy of them all’: On board the world’s most epic train trip:
- This train trip, together with its alternative route, the Trans-Mongolian from the Russian capital to Beijing, are names that are instantly recognisable to so many travellers, that sit close to the top of many a list of fantasy experiences.
- You will now receive updates from Traveller Newsletter Traveller Newsletter Get the latest news and updates emailed straight to your inbox.
- Monisha Rajesh is a UK-based journalist and author of the book Around the World in 80 Trains, and she says that on the Trans-Mongolian she was struck by the way these disparate parts of the globe, Russia and China, Moscow and Beijing, blended together when viewed from a train.
- “There are several ways for travellers to experience this journey, several different pathways, several levels of service.
- There’s a restaurant car attached that serves decent food, very affordable, but there are no lounges, there are no pianos, there are no bars.