Sumary of Holiday Gift Guide 2021: The Best New Cookbooks For Travelers:
- Cookbooks offer instant home immersion into one of the most popular elements of travel.
- For the foodie traveler who either hasn’t been able to explore the world lately, or would love to reminisce about favorite trips through the best recipes from a beloved destination, cookbooks are an instant immersion into this nearly universally beloved element of any culture.
- From Mexico to the Middle East and China to the Bayou, here are the best new cookbooks for travelers this year.
- Mexico Treasures of the Mexican Table Houghton Mifflin Harcourt From national favorites to small village specialties, Emmy-nominated host of PBS’s “Pati’s Mexican Table,” Pati Jinich ,scoured her native Mexico for the country’s most authentic and beloved recipes for Treasures of the Mexican Table.
- Treasures of the Mexican Table Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Lebanon Bayrūt Smith Street Books MORE FOR YOU In a culinary love letter to the Lebanese capital, Hisham Assaad gathers the best of family recipes and Beirut street food bites in Bayrūt.
- Istria Smith Street Books The Bayou Mosquito Supper Club Danny Culbert/Artisan Book What started as a pop-up supper club in 2014 later became the New Orleans restaurant sensation, Mosquito Supper Club, which continues to serve a single, family-style meal each night that it opens.