Sumary of Hotel investment remains flat:
- Hotel transaction volumes in the first half of 2021 were approximately 18% below the same period in 2019, which was the peak of the investment market in Asia Pacific.
- However, the completion of several major transactions continues to demonstrate the resilience of the sector and the growing confidence of investors in the hospitality market despite the current challenging operating environment and travel restrictions.
- “Confidence in the Asia Pacific hospitality sector’s recovery remains high and investor sentiment continues to view the industry through a longer-term lens,” said Mike Batchelor, chief executive for Asia Pacific of JLL Hotels &
- “Volumes have held up well within the backdrop of government lockdowns and travel curbs, with the hotel sector’s resilience remaining an evergreen theme throughout the pandemic.
- ” Investment in the Asia region totalled $3.53 billion, accounting for 94% of the overall volume.
- China, Japan and South Korea represented the three most active markets, collectively accounting for 86% of sales.