Sumary of Mai Po Nature Reserve: A Guide That Lets You Go On A Perfect Date With Nature In Hong Kong!:
- The Mai Po Nature Reserve is a 270 hectare protected nature reserve in the territory of Hong Kong in China.
- Though it’s a bit out of the way for those visiting Hong Kong, the diversity seen here makes it a much visit place, especially for bird watchers.
- About Mai Po Nature Reserve Image Source After just 3 years of being established in the then British territory of Hong Kong, the WWF in 1984 took up the charge for the conservation of the natural resources in Mai Po.
- In 1992 the WWF organized the first walk for nature, the then Discover Mai Po to raise funds as well as awareness for the conservation of these precious resources.
- From any nature reserve that needed conservation, it has been converted into one of the world’s most popular and well-preserved nature and biodiversity reserves.
- This is a restricted area which comes under the WWF, you have to take prior permissions before entering the reserve.