Sumary of NetJets Returns To Asia Via Investment In Chinese Private Jet Operator:
- NetJets is making an investment in Shenzhen-based Amber Aviation in a deal that includes a wide-ranging commercial alliance.
- In an increasingly global world, the agreement fills a glaring hole in the Berkshire Hathaway-owned operator’s network – China.
- Private jet sectors in China were down 44% compared to November 2019, according to WingX.
- Although year-to-date business jet sectors originating there were up by 16% compared to pre-pandemic levels, flight hours were down by 19%.
- The agreement includes wide-ranging service support, sales assistance, product design, and legal support.
- A spokesperson for Amber says its focus will be the Asia Pacific, however, its agreement with NetJets allows customers of both providers to interchange.