Sumary of Next Generation Leadership In The Spotlight For Xintiandi, Shui On Land:
- Shui On Land Amid hoopla across China this month to mark the centennial of the Communist Party, a smaller celebration kicked off in a Shanghai public library to celebrate the 20th anniversary of a long-shot project that has gone on to become a city icon.
- Xintiandi is a rags-to-riches neighborhood for which developer Shui On Land of Hong Kong won awards for rejuvenating old structures and breathing new life into one of Asia’s richest cities.
- The rising star speaks in today’s policy parlance about sustainable development and Xintiandi’s contribution to spread of “the great rebirth of Chinese people.” Vincent and his daughter are part of one of Hong Kong’s most storied business families.
- Photographer: Paul Yeung/Bloomberg © 2017 Bloomberg Finance LP MORE FOR YOU rolled into Shui On Land in 2004, which went public in 2006.
- Shui On has built follow-on “Tiandi” projects in major Chinese cities including Chongqing and Wuhan, and the Shanghai site has inspired imitations around the country.
- Shui On in 2018 formed a joint venture to build one of Shanghai’s largest towers with government-controlled China Pacific Life Insurance and Shanghai YongYe Enterprise in the Xintiandi area.
- “There’s a real commitment here to try to build something of quality, something of value that can stand the test of time,” she said in an interview with Forbes China last year.Shui On, she said, wants “to make a last impacting and not just a short-term gain.” Pedestrians walk past a Shake Shack restaurant in the Xintiandi retail district.Photographer: Qilai …
- [+] Shen/Bloomberg © 2020 Bloomberg Finance LP Shui On has been backing that up in its new projects in the city.