Sumary of Universal resort set to boost tourism in Beijing:
- （Photo/China Daily） The Universal Beijing Resort is poised for a strong launch on Sept 20, during the Mid-Autumn Festival holiday, after the announcement of its opening date generated great online interest.
- This year’s Mid-Autumn Festival falls on Sept 21, the day after the opening of the theme park.
- Within just one hour of the resort announcing its official opening date on Monday afternoon, web traffic related to it on Chinese travel booking platform Ctrip rose by 830 percent compared with the same period last week.
- com, another Chinese online travel agency, hits about the resort also soared rapidly.
- The platform has received many inquiries about ticket prices, but the resort has yet to release these details.
- Fang Zeqian, an analyst at Ctrip, said the opening of the Universal Beijing Resort is great news for the tourist market in northern China, an area with relatively few theme parks.