Sumary of What It’s Like To Get Stranded In Paradise (One Woman’s True Story):
- The 27-year-old has been stuck in Tonga—a gorgeous archipelago in the South Pacific—for the past 18 months.
- Stephens, a British citizen who had been living and working in Beijing, had traveled to Tonga for a weekend getaway in March 2020, when the world shut down due to Covid-19. She thought she’d be there for a quick vacation.
- Spoiler alert: While she’s been in Tonga, Stephens’ life hasn’t been like Tom Hanks in Cast Away and she hasn’t just been chilling out on the beach.
- She has also been posting about her adventures on Instagram (@TongaDiaries) and her YouTube channel (@ZoeDiscovers), and she plans to eventually write a book about the experience.
- During her weekend-turned-18 months in Tonga—which is one of the only places on the planet that hasn’t had a case of Covid-19—Stephens has also learned a lot about herself and about humanity in general.
- Zoe Stephens went to Tonga on vacation for a weekend and has been stuck there for the past 18 .