Sumary of Where To Stay In Chelsea, London’s Poshest Neighborhood:
- On the immaculate exterior, a Blue Plaque highlights the hotel’s link to the nineteenth-century it-girl, Lillie Langtry, a British-American socialite/actress/producer/love interest of the eldest son of Queen Victoria, Edward VII, The Prince of Wales.
- From the chic floral china to the geranium-scented Bamford toiletries and sleep spray left pillow-side at bedtime, every single detail is considered and connected, which is why, despite the fact that there are plenty of other luxury hotels in the area, The Cadogan wins the title as the best hotel in Chelsea, if not the best hotel in all of London.
- MORE FOR YOU Adam Handling provides reason enough to visit Chelsea when in London Belmond Eating and Drinking In Chelsea: It’s not just its classic-cool design and shimmering five-star service that makes The Cadogan the best hotel in town, it’s also the food.
- With visionary, award-winning Chef Patron Adam Handling at the helm, serving everything from flawless, freshly baked breakfast pastries and afternoon tea, to extraordinarily creative cocktails and highly memorable dinners at The Cadogan’s flagship, Adam Handling, Chelsea, there is little reason to leave the hotel for a bite to eat.
- Dishes range from the daring (see: Mother, a nest of ribboned celeriac, truffle and crisp apple, made for Handling’s vegetarian mother) to the classic (see: the perfectly seared beef of rib for two with fat fluffy chips).
- “new season carrot, sea buckthorn, olive” or “English rhubarb, hibiscus, bayleaf”), which Handling alchemizes into more magic.