Sumary of 10 Monasteries In Sikkim To Witness The Best Of India’s Cultural Heritage In 2021:
- These Buddhist monasteries in Sikkim are special not just because they are scenic and immersed in the soft aroma of alpine but also because of the great legacy they carry..
- Perched atop the mountains most of these Buddhist monasteries in Sikkim are scattered across the length and width of the state..
- A majority of these monasteries belonging to the 17th and 18th century stand wearily today, tested by time and toughened by the weather conditions in the mountains..
- Behold The Oldest In Sikkim Image SourceEstablished way back in 1701, Dubdi is one of the popular monasteries in Sikkim..
- The 2-storied stone architecture of the monastery is rather fine and there is a bell-shaped structure atop the roof is remarkable for its positioning known as Gyaltshen..
- Kartok Monastery and Tashiding Monastery, Norbugang Chorten, Tashi Tenka, and Khangchendzonga National Park are some of the must-visit places nearby How to reach Dubdi Monastery:.
- At A Walking Distance From Gangtok Image SourceDating back to 200 years, the Enchey Monastery is located 3 km to the northeast of Gangtok..
- Special prayers are held at the monastery during the lunar month every year, which according to Tibetan calendar takes place in January and February….