Sumary of 14 Forts Of Maharashtra to Seek World Heritage Tag:
- Aiming for World Heritage Site tag for 14 forts, the Maharashtra government has submitted a tentative “serial”.
- The historical forts constructed in the Maratha military architecture style belong to the era of Shivaji and are under the theme of Marathi military architecture..
- The nomination list has also been accepted by UNESCO in the Tentative Lists of its World Heritage Site it considers for giving tags for..
- of properties of a place that a country believes deserves to be tagged as a World Heritage Site as underlined in the operational guidelines of the World Heritage Convention..
- UNESCO World Heritage sites around the globe are considered to be a location possessing outstanding universal value that has either natural or cultural significance..
- The 14 forts submitted for the tag have the historical significance of belonging to either the era of Peshwa rule or the battle between the Marathas and Mughals..
- Built in the 14th century, this is an excellent example of Maratha hill fort architecture in the Peshwa period..
- It is considered to be a symbol of victory as it was instrumental in ending the third Maratha war when Mulher surrendered….