Sumary of Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In July:
- Allahabad The moniker ‘the Sangam City’ is befitting to Allahabad as it is the meeting point of Yamuna, Ganges and Saraswati rivers in India.
- The city is rife with Mughal architecture and British-era buildings and structures, which makes it a must-visit for those with a penchant for architecture and history.
- During the 3rd century BC, the town was expanded by Emperor Ashoka, and several monasteries and stupas were built, which made it a popular place among Buddhist devotees.
- Agra Agra commonly referred to as ‘Taj City’, is the country’s most prized city, recognisable by the iconic Taj Mahal – an ivory-white mausoleum built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz.
- Ayodhya The birthplace of Lord Rama, Ayodhya is also one of the seven sacred places for Hindus.
- Other significant temples worthy of a visit include Nageshwarnath temple, Hanuman Garhi, Treta Ke Thakur, Kanak Bhawan and Ram Janmabhoomi temple.
- Mathura Mathura is the birthplace of the Hindu God, Krishna, and also among the seven sacred cities of Hinduism.
- Of particular note are Sri Krishna Janma Bhoomi, Dwarkadhish temple and Gita Mandir.