Sumary of Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kolkata:
- Chandannagar Chandannagar is a former French colony, located about 35 Km from Kolkata and the places of tourist interest include Chandannagore Strand, Nandadulal Jiu mandir, Bishalakshmi temple, Chandannagore Museum, French Cemetery and Sacred Heart Church of Chandannagar.
- Historic attractions of Midnapore includes Chapaleswar and Mahamaya temples at Karnagarh, Jain temples and Rukmini temple.
- Kalimpong Kalimpong, a popular hill station, is located at an elevation of 4,101 ft and is a popular tourist location in the region.
- Sundarbans National Park Sundarbans National Park is a world heritage site, known for Bengal Tigers and also for large salt-water crocodiles.
- The city of Siliguri attracts many tourists and is one of the best winter places to visit near Kolkata.
- Jaldapara National Park Jaldapara National Park is one of the lesser-known natural beauty in West Bengal.