Sumary of Catch the Waves at These Surfing Schools on Your Next Holiday:
- Despite a long coastline, surfing as a sport has been a late entrant in India.
- It started with a few intrepid souls who, inspired by watching international visitors, started learning it on their own, teaching local people, and setting up schools.
- Now with the states opening up for tourism, the surfing training schools too are following suit.
- Although veteran surfers can go into the water any time of the year, depending on the ideal surfing conditions, beginners usually find it convenient to learn between November and March, when the water is relatively calm.
- In India, most of the surfing training schools are located in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Goa.
- It is also necessary to choose a surfing school judiciously.