Sumary of Confirmed: Virgin Atlantic Airlines reinstates direct flights on SA route:
- After a lengthy period without direct scheduled flights between South Africa and the United Kingdom, Virgin Atlantic Airlines is set to resume services to Johannesburg in the next few weeks..
- UK FLIGHT BAN The flight ban which has already been in place for an extended period of 6 months, saw both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic having to continuously announce extensions to the expected restart dates of their South African flight schedules..
- While British Airways has been selling seats on its SA flights for some time already, without clarity on whether these flights will operate, Virgin Atlantic has now confirmed that it will resume scheduled passenger flights between South Africa and the UK this month..
- VIRGIN ATLANTIC RESTARTS TravelNews reports that Virgin Atlantic will operate three flights a week between London Heathrow and Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport from 24 June..
- Virgin Atlantic told Travelnews that its schedule will be published shortly, with the first passenger flight from Johannesburg scheduled to operate on June 26..
- QUARANTINE REQUIREMENT REMAINS Despite the movement of passengers between South and Africa and the United Kingdom being permitted, the mandatory 10-day pre-booked hotel quarantine for all passengers arriving from South Africa is still in force..
- Virgin head for Middle East, Africa and India, Liezl Gericke said Virgin Atlantic was delighted to be operating flights to South Africa once again…