Sumary of Festive Special: Recipes from the Kitchens of the Oberoi Grand in Kolkata:
- Amaranth Kulcha Laal shaak (saag), or amaranth as it is otherwise known as, is a popular Bengali starter dish.
- The cooked leaves are eaten at the start (after the bitters) of a traditional full course meal.
- So this festive season, go ahead and make the amaranth kulcha and who knows it may turn out to be your star dish when everyone is clamouring for immunity boosting food?
- Read: Michelin Chefs Share Recipes for Lockdown Ingredients (Serves 4) 100g Wheat flour 15ml Refined oil 2g Cumin seed 10g Garlic chopped 5g Green chilli 200g Amaranth leaves 2g Salt 5g Coriander powder 5g Coriander leaves 2g Poppy seed 20g Ghee/Butter Method Make a soft dough with wheat flour and water, keep it aside.
- Take a thick bottom pan, heat refined oil, add cumin seeds and fry to a crackle.
- Once the water dries up, add coriander leaves and poppy seeds.