Sumary of Himachal Pradesh: A Heritage Village:
- Houses were constructed and a service industry set up, once the Suds brought in a barrage of cobblers, ironmongers, carpenters and other artisans.
- Copper pipes were brought from London to lay a water pipeline and a special road built for the governor of Punjab to come down and inaugurate it!
- But, of course, the more improbable stories are often the more interesting.
- Sud and his contemporaries prefer to forget stories such as these, as they try to turn back the clock and restore the majesty of Garli one kothi at a time, employing the locals to keep alive the spirit of their culture.
- Strolling past the tumbledown havelis brought fascinating stories of years past.
- With walls covered in paintings, murals and rich Rajasthani motifs, the vegetable dyes have stood the test of time and still shine brightly against the dilapidated structure.