Sumary of India Opens Up for International Commercial Passenger Flights:
- International commercial passenger flights have started arriving in India from November 15 following the long ban owing to the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
- According to reports, fully vaccinated international travellers can now visit India subject to fulfilment of regular and pandemic containment rules.
- The central government also said it has planned to issue 500,000 free visas until March 2022 to boost tourism and related sectors.
- In October this year, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had started granting fresh Tourist Visas to foreigners coming to India through chartered flights (with effect from October 15).
- And had announced that foreign tourists travelling to India by flights other than chartered aircraft would be able to do so with effect from November 15. The ministry also said that all COVID-19 protocols and norms notified by Ministry of Health &
- Family Welfare have to be adhered to by foreign tourists, carriers bringing them into India and other stakeholders at landing stations.