Sumary of Karnataka’s First Vistadome Coach Service Begins Its Maiden Journey:
- The South Western Railways (SWR)’s decision to introduce the all-new Vistadome coaches in several long-distance trains operating throughout the state helps the tourism sector as it offers passengers an opportunity to see a myriad of landscapes, especially the pristine Western Ghats.
- SWR has decided to attach Vistadome coaches to day express trains from July 11, 2021.
- Trains operating between Yeshwantpur (in Bengaluru) and Mangaluru Junction have been picked to pilot the initiative.
- These trains include Yeshwantpur-Mangaluru Junction-Yeshwantpur Weekly Express Special (Train No.
- 06540/06539), Yeshwantpur-Karwar Tri-weekly special (06211/06212), and Yeshwantpur-Mangaluru Junction Gomateshwara Tri-weekly Express Special (06575/06576).
- Once operational, these trains will ensure daily journeys on the route.
- A journey with a seat in the Vistadome coach in the express trains operated via the Western Ghats offers several frames of greenery and natural beauty.