Sumary of Kenya: Covid-19 – Hope for Kenyans Stuck in India as Travel Allowed:
- We are asking patients, their caregivers and students who have finished their studies and intend to go home to send their booking reference numbers to us, after they secure their tickets, so that we provide special permission for them to be allowed into the country,”.
- However, a high-ranking official at the embassy, who has been asked to deal with Kenyans intending to fly home, said that although allowed to travel, no flight from Kenya will pick them up..
- Passengers who turn negative will undergo 14 days of monitored quarantining at home and register on the Jitenge system..
- Sign up for free AllAfrica Newsletters Those who wish to travel were asked to send their itinerary to email address firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +919873111197 to allow them to inform Nairobi appropriately..
- “The government has granted approval to Kenyan students in India under the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship Programme, who have completed or are about to complete their final exams to travel back to Kenya,”.
- Last year in a quid-pro-quo understanding, India approved Kenya’s official request granting special permission that saw Kenyan and Indian national carriers fly passengers to and from the countries, despite lockdowns, until a more lethal Covid-19 variant was confirmed in India…