Sumary of Lokame Tharavadu: The World Is One Family:
- Kerala-based Kochi Biennale Foundation has organised a large-scale contemporary art survey exhibition titled ‘Lokame Tharavadu’, which means ‘the world is one family’.
- The exhibition, curated by artist Bose Krishnamachari (who is also the president of the foundation) and supported by the state government, features the works of 267 artists who trace their roots back to Kerala.
- The exhibition has been mounted in five different venues in Alappuzha and in Durbar Hall in Ernakulam.
- According to the organisers, the core idea of this exhibition, the world is one family, is drawn from the verses of a Malayalam poem written by Vallathol Narayana Menon, which appeals to the universal spirit of humanity, especially in these times of the Covid pandemic.
- The exhibition invokes the power of art to revive and resurrect the dejected human spirit.
- Curator Bose Krishnamachari has conceptualised the exhibition asking certain important questions about people’s ideas of home, surroundings and the world.