Sumary of Navratri And Durga Puja Special 2021: Here’s How The 9-Day Festival Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India:
- During Navaratri, nine diverse forms of the goddess are worshipped.
- Navratri is loaded with Yagnas, rituals, special pujas, meditations, fasting, observing silence, chanting, and dancing worshipping Mother Divine, her entire creation – all forms of life, all forms of art, music, and knowledge.
- Shares Shobhita Sharma, a Delhi-based architect, about Kanya Puja, “My fondest memory of Navratri is being invited by the neighbours on the eighth and the ninth day, and being revered like a goddess.
- In Kannada, this exhibition is called Bombe Habba, Bommai Kolu in Tamil, Bomma Gullu in Malayalam, and Bommala Koluvu in Telugu.
- In the southern city of Mysore Dussehra is celebrated with grand processions on the streets carrying Goddess Chamundi.
- Besides the Garba is the Dandiya dance, in which men and women participate in pairs with small, decorated bamboo sticks, called dandiyas in their hands.