Sumary of Rain in the Valley:
- Closest to Mumbai and Pune, but a far cry from their bustle and din, Lonavala and Khandala make for a perfect getaway for weary city dwellers..
- They discovered the potential of the rolling hills, steep cliff faces and gushing waterfalls as an impressive and economical shooting location long ago..
- While Lonavala and Khandala can be visited throughout the year, it is needless to say that the entire area really comes into its own during the lovely monsoons..
- Bushy Dam Located 6km from the city centre, this dam is a popular spot amongst holidaymakers as it boasts of magnificent views of the surrounding ghats..
- Wax Museum Along the lines of Madame Tussaud in London, this wax museum is a relatively new attraction in Lonavala..
- Huge signboards on the highway herald the sight and urge you to visit it even before you enter Lonavala town limits..
- Inside, life-size wax models of prominent celebrities, including Michael Jackson, AR Rahman, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kapil Dev, Anna Hazare and even one that depicts Adolf Hitler, are arranged in three large halls..
- Forts around Lonavala Take the road from Lonavala that cuts across the Lohagad Ridge and then runs along the shores of Pawna Lake to get to Tikona Fort….