Sumary of The Kalka-Shimla Train Now Lets You Hop-On Hop-Off En Route to the Hills:
- The Kalka Shimla heritage train ride is back, and how.
- The Ambala Division of the Northern Railway Zone introduced a hop-on, hop-off Kalka-Shimla train service – on a single ticket, valid for a full calendar day.
- Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2018, the 118-year-old narrow gauge railway section is also listed under the ‘Mountain Railways Of India’.
- Read: A 124-Year-Old Railway Station is Being Turned Into a Heritage Site The ride was always a joy but now with the new service, the toy train that traverses through 16 stations before reaching its final destination – Shimla, will allow you to visit all tourist attractions on a single ticket which can be purchased from any station of the Kalka-Shimla rail section.
- The fare structure for the hop-on, hop-off Kalka-Shimla heritage train service for one calendar day is Rs 500 for an adult and Rs 250 for a child (5 -12 years old).
- Also Read: Rides to Nostalgia You can board/deboard any coach from/at any station subject to availability of seats and the schedule of the train.