Sumary of The return of the dream honeymoon:
- The Travel Siblings, a New York-based travel consultancy that focuses on romantic trips, saw its honeymoon bookings, as of July, quadruple since last year.
- “We absolutely can say that honeymoons are back with both a passion and a vengeance,” said Harlan deBell, an owner of the Travel Siblings.
- And because Europe’s borders remained closed to travelers from the United States at the time, they decided to have a minimoon in Mexico and Puerto Rico following the ceremony, instead of their planned honeymoon to Spain and Portugal.
- Other couples have been determined to have their perfect getaways, even if that has meant dealing with all manner of restrictions and travel hiccups.
- (Photo: Getty/Thinkstock) Before their engagement, Hannah and Teddy Gates of Chicago had both agreed that it would be a goal to attend all four Grand Slam tennis tournaments in their lifetime.
- After Wimbledon, she and Teddy Gates, 30, an industrial brokerage vice president at CBRE, went to Comporta, Portugal, and Marrakesh, Morocco.