Sumary of The Road To Heaven:
- A trip to Zero Point in Sikkim is usually clubbed with the Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary and the majestic Yumthang Valley..
- When you leave from Lachung, you will first cross the Shinghba Rhododendron Sanctuary, then Yumthang and the last stop would be the Zero Point..
- Gorgeous yellow coloured snakebark maple trees follow you all along as you drive through the fantastic curves and deadly hair pin bends..
- Then there the prunus cornuta or Himalayan bird cherry, abies densa or Sikkim fir, populus ciliata or Himalayan poplar, pleione praecox or peacock orchids and trees of the acer family, to name a few..
- Just a few kilometers above this café, you can stop at the Yumthang Valley View Point to witness the unparalleled beauty that North Sikkim continues to offer visitors, in glorious abundance..
- Snow-capped mountains being kissed by floating clouds and helicopters hovering over the picturesque landscape will increase your excitement to reach Zero..
- As you approach Zero Point, you may start feeling a bit nauseated but the floating clouds by your car window will change your mood as they wish you a happy and safe journey..
- Located at an altitude of 15000ft, the place where Zero Point lies is known as Yume Samdong and it would take you around 1.5 hours to reach here from Yumthang, which is at a distance of 23km….