Sumary of Through the Highlands of Ladakh:
- Promising an experience of a lifetime, this initiative will let travellers live the way locals do, get an insight into their culture and most importantly let them cherish a familiar, homely comfort and the simple pleasures of the local cuisine.
- Also keeping sustainability in mind, these hosts will also be leading the way on energy efficiency and responsible resource use through accommodations with amenities such as newly installed solar lights.
- After a cosy night’s sleep and a warm cup of gud gud chai, a local variant of tea made with butter and salt,I was ready to take on the day, beginning at the SEWA centre.
- For breakfast we had the SEWA team cook local delicacies for us.
- Instead, I found a newer addiction here in the hills — freshly prepared apricot and sea buckthorn juice.
- Right from woolen socks to small souvenirs, to apricot jam these women put their heart and soul into every product.