Sumary of David Grutman Turns Iconic South Beach Firestone Garage Into Hospitality Mecca:
- Over three years after it’s conception, what was once a Firestone Garage (where South Beach locals fondly remember sketchy tire patch jobs done on a budget) has now transformed into three very different, very exciting concepts: Sushi Fly Chicken, Winker’s Diner, and Toothfairy Bakery opening this week.
- “What’s great about it is the chance to help activate another district in Miami Beach.
- ” This new project, right off South Beach’s Alton Road, is easily Grutman’s most approachable venture where there’s a little bit of something for all ages and walks of life.
- Take a step into Winker’s Diner for an Art Deco-infused aesthetic balanced by a modern-day Miami Beach gloss.
- Over at the made-to-be-photographed Toothfairy Bakery you’ll find ombré clouds of cotton-candy pink and snow-cone blue with polished marble countertops displaying goodies to match.
- The fried chicken comes in three styles: Southern, Korean, and Thai Michael Pisarri MORE FOR YOU The menu is influenced by a range of Asian cuisines, and it takes significant inspiration from Japan’s culinary scene around fried chicken.