Sumary of EU Digital COVID Certificate and UK NHS COVID Pass added to IATA Travel Pass:
- The EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) and UK NHS COVID Pass can now be uploaded into the IATA Travel Pass as verified proof of vaccination for travel.
- Travelers holding an EU DCC or UK NHS COVID Pass can now access COVID-19-related travel information for their journey, create an electronic version of their passport and import their vaccination certificate in one place.
- “COVID-19 vaccination certificates are becoming a widespread requirement for international travel” said Nick Careen, IATA’s Senior Vice President for Operations Safety and Security.
- “Handling the European and UK certificates through IATA Travel Pass is an important step forward, providing convenience for travelers, authenticity for governments and efficiency for airlines.
- ” Harmonization of digital vaccine standards is essential to support the safe and scalable restart of aviation, avoid unnecessary airport queues and ensure a smooth passenger experience.