Sumary of Flying beef bowls? Yoshinoya completes drone delivery of its signature gyudon:
- [embedded content] The drone 5.2-kilometer course took it over Yokosuka adjacent bay and an empty high school athletic field, carrying its cargo from a mobile-kitchen Yoshinoya food truck to the roof of Yokosuka City Hospital..
- Delivery via drone, which took just 10 minutes, allowed medical staff who were craving Yoshinoya beef bowls to enjoy a hot, meaty meal with more freshly cooked flavor than what land-based delivery options allow..
- The delivery was a joint effort between Yoshinoya, food delivery service Demae-can (whose smartphone ordering app hospital staff used to place their orders), drone design company Aeronext, and IT firm Access..
- The system could also be useful in Yoshinoya disaster relief efforts, if victims in areas inaccessible by roads need food..
- Yoshinoya isn’t adding drone delivery to its permanent service options just yet, however, as this was primarily a concept/feasibility check for the idea itself…