Sumary of Henry Golding’s travel tips: Eat street food, make new friends and go to Sri Lanka:
- (CNN) — Henry Golding could rival James Bond for being a smooth talking, crisply dressed world traveler.But before he was the star of blockbuster movies like “Crazy Rich Asians,” British-Malaysian Golding hosted the BBC’s aptly named “The Travel Show.” When it comes to personal travel, though, Golding does have a few rules — invest in a quality camera, never wear Birkenstocks with socks and always eat street food.
- The frequent jetsetter tells CNN Travel he has a “go bag” handy so he can always be ready to leave in a hurry.
- Golding always travels with a tablet in addition to his phone.
- That’s one of the joys of traveling,” says Golding.
- Getting to travel for work can be an incredible perk, but it doesn’t always mean a free vacation.
- If Golding has a day off from shooting, he uses it to embrace his two favorite parts of travel — food and photography.
- The streets of Saigon or Hanoi have some of the best food.”But if you’re going to eat at a sit-down restaurant, Golding says it’s hard to go wrong in Japan.
- It’s just because they understand the intricacies of ensuring it’s authentic — not only technique, but ingredients.” Golding believes that some of the beauty of travel is in its ephemeral nature.