Sumary of Historic Kyoto teahouse’s ‘momiji’ matcha parfait is an autumn sight to behold for green tea fans:
- Itohkyuemon is a Japanese tea specialist store founded in 1832 and based in Uji, an area of Kyoto famous for high quality tea.
- They’ve already revealed one autumn treat with a chestnut theme, and the latest one pays tribute to the autumn foliage that bursts into color come fall.
- The Momiji Matcha Parfait is perfect for the season, with autumn hues and ingredients.
- Momiji means autumn leaf viewing, so there’s no doubt to where the inspiration for this dessert comes from.
- An autumn leaf-shaped jelly sweet and almond tuile cookie also decorates the peak of the parfait.