Sumary of Hopping on a plane? Make sure you have everything in order first.:
- The nation weathered a fourth wave of COVID-19 earlier this year, which has put a strain on the health system — a problem further compounded by a slow vaccination rollout.
- ” Traveling internationally invariably means spending time in the vicinity of other people, waiting in security lines, at baggage claim and at immigration.
- But it is the specific destination that will have the largest impact on the risk of spreading COVID-19.While official government advice currently warns against all travel, that does not mean that you cannot travel: You just need to be prepared for the process, recommends Breana Rivera, a Japan tour specialist at All Japan Tours.
- “Always know what restrictions are in place at each location, have emergency numbers written down and when traveling, know the nearest hospital or COVID-19 testing location to you,” she says, adding that travelers should make sure to purchase travel insurance and could look into working with travel agents to take care of the finer details.
- Re-entering Japan A variety of border enforcement measures for arriving in Japan are currently in place, depending on the situation in the country individuals are traveling from.
- If you’re a Japanese national or resident then you may re-enter Japan, but you must adhere to a strict set of criteria, a series of COVID-19 tests and a period of quarantine.