Sumary of How can you become a space tourist?:
- Thrill-seekers will soon be able to get their adrenaline kicks — and envy-inducing Instagram snaps — from the final frontier, as space tourism finally lifts off.
- Virgin Galactic has said regular commercial flights will begin from 2022, following two more test flights.
- But the company predicts it will eventually run up to 400 flights per year.
- Two seats on one of the first flights are up for grabs in a prize draw: registrations are open until September 1. Blue Origin plans two more flights this year, the first by September at earliest, then “many more” next year.
- The anonymous winner of a public auction for a seat on the first crewed flight paid $28 million, but decided to defer their trip.
- Their seat instead went to Dutch teen Oliver Daemen, with the company’s CEO Bob Smith revealing there had been multiple bids above $20 million.