Sumary of Quarantine remains biggest deterrent to air travel:
- A survey commissioned by IATA of 4,700 people in 11 markets in September shows confidence that the risks of COVID-19 can be effectively managed and that the freedom to travel should be restored.
- and 73% responded that their quality of life is suffering as a result of COVID-19 travel restrictions (up 6 percentage points from June 2021).
- “People are increasingly frustrated with the COVID-19 travel restrictions and even more have seen their quality of life suffer as a result,” said Willie Walsh, IATA’s Director General.
- “They don’t see the necessity of travel restrictions to control the virus.
- The message they are sending to governments is: COVID-19 is not going to disappear, so we must establish a way to manage its risks while living and traveling normally.
- ” The biggest deterrent to air travel continues to be quarantine measures.