Sumary of Start autumn with these chestnut cupcakes from Japan’s ‘Chestnut Village’:
- One of the best flavors on offer in Japan during the autumn season is chestnut, which can be found in a variety of forms, from a sweet accent to savory main dishes to the main component of drinks and cakes.
- If you’re curious, this collection of chestnut flavored cupcakes from a place so famous in Japan for the production of chestnuts it’s known as “Chestnut Village” is a great introduction to what I consider the best flavor of the season.
- Located in Miyazaki Prefecture, Suki is a mountain village famed as one of Japan’s top chestnut supplying areas.
- In fact, Suki grows so many chestnuts, it has been lovingly nicknamed “Chestnut Village.
- ” Tucked inside each cupcake in this chestnut set from the town, is a whole large Sukiguri chestnut.
- Sukiguri chestnuts are characterised by their large size, which contains high nutritional value and sugar content.