Sumary of Visit Maldives Launches a Social Media Campaign Targeting Japanese Market:
- Visit Maldives launches a social media campaign to make Maldives a top of the mind destination in the Japanese market and to increase engagement with tourists..
- Held from June 2021 until January 2022, the campaign will increase brand awareness in Japan and reassure Japanese travelers that Maldives will remain as one of the safest destinations to travel to when the Japanese borders reopen for leisure travel..
- Official Visit Maldives social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) will be created specifically for the Japanese market as part of this 8-month long campaign and all content produced in these platforms will be in the Japanese language..
- A holiday voucher will be offered at the beginning of the campaign to increase engagement and provide the opportunity for a lucky winner to enjoy a free holiday in Maldives..
- The campaign is aligned with Visit Maldives’ strategy for the Japanese market to utilize Japanese language in all the promotional activities..
- However, Visit Maldives aims to maintain the destination presence and conduct marketing activities to ensure Maldives remains the most preferred destination for Japanese travelers once the country allows leisure travel..
- Maldives reopened its borders for tourists of all nationalities on 15th July 2020, with rigorous procedures in place to ensure the safety of tourists and tourism workers..
- Tourists are required to fill an online health declaration form within 24 hours prior to their departure, as well as have a negative PCR test result, conducted 96 hours prior to their departure….