Sumary of Yuzu icebox cake with strawberries and shiso:
- Sweet layers of yuzu citrus whipped cream meet buttery shortbread in this no-bake icebox cake.
- I know what you’re thinking: “But yuzu is a winter fruit!” You’re right, but this recipe relies on yuzucha, the Korean yuzu jam traditionally used to make tea, to act as a reminder that it will once again get cold — promise.
- They require only three key ingredients: cookies, a whipped topping and time to set.
- The cookies are layered between rich whipped cream, which lends its moisture and fat to transform any crunchy cookie into a spongy “cake” when chilled long enough.
- Shortbread cookies give it an elevated taste, which is definitely not due to the high-butter content.
- But feel free to experiment with whatever cookies, fruits and herbs you prefer.