Sumary of Visit Maldives hosts journalists from the US market:
- This is the first familiarization trip conducted for the market this year and the purpose is to promote the destination as a safe haven for the travelers, highlighting the unique geographical formation of the Maldives as well as the safety measures in place..
- The stay for the trip is arranged at Robinson Club Noonu, LUX* North Male’ Atoll and Kuramathi Maldives, with the 3 properties focusing on the theme of “Maldives as a safe haven”..
- The tourism industry of the Maldives has shown remarkable resilience in the face of covid-19, welcoming a total of 555,494 travelers in 2020 and over 457,747 travelers till 2nd June 2021..
- The commencement of a nationwide vaccination program, increased flight connections, and the gradual opening of major markets, provide Visit Maldives the opportunity to further promote the destination with global campaigns in association with key stakeholders in the industry..
- The administration of the covid-19 vaccine was initiated on 1st February 2021 with the government of Maldives aiming to provide free covid-19 vaccines to all citizens and residents of the country in the upcoming months…