Sumary of ‘I felt like I was the only tourist in Kenya’: How photographer Felix Rome got the wildlife pictures of a lifetime:
- (CNN) — Despite his surname, Felix Rome never wanted to settle in an urban area.
- Although Rome was hired to travel between Governor’s Camp’s properties, the coronavirus pandemic had other ideas, forcing him to stay put in Kenya.
- And that provided a different sort of opportunity — taking intimate photos of wild animals who suddenly didn’t have tourists around staring at them.
- But as travel in Kenya and throughout Africa became increasingly difficult amid the ongoing pandemic, he found himself staying put.
- Felix RomeThe pandemic regulations dropped tourism at the Mara, normally one of the world’s big bucket list destinations, down to nearly nothing.
- “In addition to taking pictures, Rome maintains a YouTube channel about his experiences and will also share stories on his own and Governors’ social media accounts.