Sumary of Kenya: Hope At Last for Likoni Cable Car Project:
- The Sh85 billion Likoni Cable Car dream is now closer to reality after it was allocated land, a requirement that has been a major obstacle.
- In the directive, KPA shall only be allowed to hold use of the reserve land for the specified purposes of the Likoni Cable Car and ancillary services only.
- The bridge will then crisscross Archbishop Makarios Road to Ganjoni, turn right overhead Liwatoni and crosses Likoni Channel to enter Likoni side at the runs of the abandoned Sultan of Zanzibar Place near Puma Primary school.
- The proposed bridge will then proceed along the eastern shoreline of Mweza creek and start descending ultimately touching down near the Javi la Wageni Primary School.
- Sign up for free AllAfrica Newsletters Get the latest in African news delivered straight to your inbox Construction of the bridge will displace a total of 1,201 housing structures, of which 76.8 percent are accounted for by Likoni and Shika Adabu Locations of Mainland South.