Sumary of Mozambique: Nyusi Lays First Stone for Tete Railway Reconstruction:
- Maputo — Mozambican President Filipe Nyusi on Saturday laid the first stone in the reconstruction of the railway in the western province of Tete that links the Dona Ana bridge over the Zambezi river to Vila Nova da Fronteira, on the border with Malawi..
- Most of the Sena line, between the Moatize coal basin in Tete, to the port of Beira, has been rebuilt – but the spur to the Malawian border remains unusable..
- Nyusi, cited by the independent television station STV, declared that, with the Dona Ana-Vila Nova rail link rebuilt, “the desire of Mozambique and Malawi to improve the import and export logistics between the two countries, and with the rest of the region will be achieved”..
- The project involves the creation of 150 jobs for Mozambicans, and the construction of a technical and professional training centre..
- During his working visit to Tete, Nyusi also inaugurated a new health centre in the Chingodzi neighbourhood of Tete city….