Sumary of The UK’s finest coastal cafes, from Cornwall to Scotland, now it’s hot enough to enjoy our beaches:
- Below a restaurant and next to Cafe Patisserie Glacerie – selling tempting treats and gelato by pastry chef Sylvain Peltier– comes this bar, complete with weekend DJs..
- Below grassy cliffs, Shell Beach’s golden sand slopes gently into turquoise waters, and low tide reveals rock pools to rummage through..
- Despite its spartan appearance, this shipping-container kitchen serves wonderful, sustainable seafood (and some sweet traybakes) on the shoreline..
- Overlooking the sandy, surfer-friendly beach, eco-friendly Mor has bagged numerous national street food awards..
- Most famous, however, are its lobster rolls with seaweed-infused black butter – a snack so yummy that Mor’s team has been invited to cook it in international competitions..
- Open daily, April-September (beachfood.co.uk) A colourful dish from the Lucky Beach cafe in Brighton, which also runs an organic coffee roastery and shares its profits with Rwandan farmers Lucky Beach, Brighton:.
- The cafe, located between two piers, also runs an organic coffee roastery and shares its profits with Rwandan farmers..
- Options range from aubergine-and-tofu breakfast to 35-day-aged organic beef burgers, while drinks on offer include fruity cocktails and craft beer on tap….