Sumary of Tanzania: President Spices Up Tourism:
- PRESIDENT Samia Suluhu Hassan has officially started recording a famous programme dubbed Royal Tour aimed at marketing the country internationally.
- The programme is part of the government’s robust strategies to brand the country through promotion of available economic opportunities.
- A royal tour is when mem- bers of the Royal Family go on an official visit also known as a state visit overseas, touring as many locations as they can make time for and visiting officials and the locals.
- Usually, the host country will put forward suggestions of places to visit and these will then be approved by the Royal Family.
- It’s for this reason that the host government will usually cover the costs of a royal tour, apart from the international flights to get there and back, which are covered by the UK government.
- deal a tour is the Royal Family’s way of acting as ambassadors for the United Kingdom;